Purchasing a home is one of the best investments you can make. It’s an exciting but sometimes challenging process. The Mike Street Team has unparalleled experience in buyer representation and we strive to make the buying experience as wrinkle-free as possible. We work with you to find the best property for you – one that will meet your needs and also be a good investment for the future. Here’s what you can expect:
- Before viewing properties, we strongly recommend that you talk to a lender to be pre-qualified for a mortgage. This will give you guidance in terms of what price range you can afford so that you don’t waste precious time looking at properties that don’t fit. A pre-qualification letter is generally required to submit with an offer for a bank-owned or short-sale property, and it will strengthen an offer on a privately-owned property. There are many loan types available and several lenders who we work with extensively. Ask us today for a list of preferred providers.
- When beginning your home search, we will familiarize you with the Grand Traverse region if you’re new to the area, and we’ll begin to conduct area property searches. We can e-mail listings to you automatically or on a requested basis. We watch the market every day and monitor what listings are new and price-reduced.
- We will work with you to ensure that we find the best property to fit your needs and your budget. We can advise you about the future resale potential to be sure you make a solid investment.
- With our expertise in negotiations, we will guide you to prepare an effective offer and will advise you during any counteroffer stages.
- Upon the signing of a binding Purchase Agreement, we will work with you to coordinate a home inspection (if you choose) and we will partner with your lender to maintain efficiency in the process as we move towards a closing.
- We will review all documents provided by the title company to ensure accuracy and we will walk through the paperwork with you and answer any questions you have.
- At or after closing, we will help you coordinate the exchange of keys, date of possession and changeover of utilities.